This simple recipe is prepared by us during the cold season and is a great dish.
- 450 gr. borlotti beans (1 jar)
- 200 gr. diced smoked bacon
- 300 gr. tomato puree Prunotto M.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 gr. crushed red pepper
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- Chili powder q.b.
- Sale q.b.
How to prepare
Soak in cold water overnight beans.
Put to boil the beans in salted water with celery, onions and carrots.
Cook for about an hour. Drain the beans.
In a pan, add the oil and sauté the bacon, add the pepper, chili, tomato and finally the beans.
Cook for about 30 minutes, adding a ladle of hot water if the sauce were too narrow.
Serve piping hot beans in a serving bowl.