Salsiccia and Bean stew
You will need
- 100g di Salsiccia di Calabria DOP
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 240g chickpeas already cooked
- 240g mixed bean Large White Kidney andBlack eye beans from Prunotto Mariangela organic farm in Alba
- 390g Italian organic chopped tomatoes from Prunotto Mariangela organic farm
- 200 ml chicken stock
Hoe to proceed
Heat a large lidded pan and add the salsiccia. Fry for 2-3 minutes, until just crisp. Remove the Salsiccia from the pan with a spoon, leaving the oil.
Add the onion, garlic and chilli to the oil and cook gently for 3-5 minutes.
Add the chopped thyme, the cooked Salsiccia, chickpeas and mixed beans to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and stock, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and simmer for a few minutes further, stirring occasionally, until the stew has thickened slightly. Ladle into mugs and serve.
(Thanks to Nel paese delle Stoviglie)