You will need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushroom
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) of “Partridge eye” Lentils Prunotto M.
- 1-¾ cup (425 mL) chicken broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
How to proceed
Melt butter in a skillet set over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned.
Remove mushrooms from pan and reserve.
Reduce heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan.
Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add lentils, broth and lemon peel to pan.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until most of the stock has been absorbed and lentils are tender but still whole.
Stir in reserved mushrooms and spinach.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.